Clinics + 7v7 Summer Series
At Lacrosse Fanatic we love lacrosse! We believe in giving back to the communities who partner with us to help grow the sport. We have our staff, who have played at the high school, college and pro levels, volunteer teaching kids about lacrosse.
- Gym classes at schools
- After school programs
- We have hosted learn about lacrosse days
- Teams have asked us to come out to their practices to help with drills
- We have worked with parents and prospective coaches teaching them drills and overall about the rules of the game
By partnering with the teams who are partnering with us, we are teaching more families about lacrosse. We have seen the overall number of players on these teams increase immediately following our community outreach.
Please reach out to Joe Sullivan at 916.871.2309 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our clinics and partnership opportunities.
THE LAX FAN 7v7 SUMMER SERIES IS COMING SOON!
Lacrosse Fanatic is excited to announce our summer series for boys and girls teams! This series will consist of weekly 7v7 games (1 goalie and 6 field players) that will run through the summer and is designed to be a fun, community-based program that will cater to teams and players 10U through high school. Games are currently scheduled to be played on Monday evenings beginning in July and finishing in August
Due to the ongoing pandemic and the uncertainty of what size gatherings will be allowed, we may have to move the dates and/or change the format slightly. That information will be communicated as soon as we have more clarity. Lacrosse Fanatic will follow any CDC, state and local Government guidelines that pertain to player, coach and parent safety at our games.
We will have a "free agent" list for each age group so players who do not have a team can participate as well. Free agents will be contacted when there is a need on a team in their age bracket. If there are enough free agents, we will form a house team that will be coached by a Lacrosse Fanatic staff member who has previous coaching experience.
Another feature we are excited about is our "skills and drills" session each week. These sessions will be geared towards newer players who do not wish to compete in games or who just want some extra work before/after their weekly game. One of our more experienced coaches will run the skills and drills practices and players will go through drills aimed at rapid skill development in passing/catching, cradling, scooping, shooting and defending. These sessions will be open to girls and boys of all ages.
All players and coaches must have a valid US Lacrosse membership that does not expire before August 30th 2020. US Lacrosse numbers need to be provided at the time of registration.
Summer 7v7 Series FAQ:
- Q - Will refunds be given if the season is shortened or cancelled?
- A - Yes, absolutely. Prorated amounts will be given for a shortened series and full refunds will be given if we cannot play at all for any reason.
- Q - Will the series be pushed back later into August for any reason?
- A - No, we will not play any later than the first week of August.
- Q - Where are the games being played?
- A - We are in the process of booking the fields now. With the current uncertainty, this takes more time than usual. We are targeting locations that are central to as many Sacramento area teams as possible.
- Q - What are the roster size restrictions?
- A - Teams must have a minimum of 7 players and cannot exceed 12 players.
- We are not restricting boundaries so if you need to reach out to a neighboring club to fill your team, you are welcome to do that.
- We are also registering Free Agents so if you are interested in having one or more assigned to your team for the series let us know.
- Q - How many players line up on the field at once?
- A - per team, 1 goalie, 2 attack, 2 midfield and 2 defense.
- When on offense, 3 players must remain in the defense zone.
- When on defense, 2 players must remain in the offensive zone.
- This will create 4v4 action when the ball is settled on one side of the field.
- Q - Are 2020 seniors eligible to play?
- A - Yes, but they can only play on a varsity team
- Q - What age ranges are being used?
- A - The spring 2020 age groupings (10U, 12U, 14U, JV and varsity)
- Q - Are high school juniors allowed to play on a JV team?
- A - Yes, but all JV rosters must have more sophomores and freshmen than juniors.
- Q - Will boy’s teams be allowed to use long sticks?
- A - Yes, but only three long sticks can be on the field at one time.
- Q - How will face-offs/draws work?
- A - Face-offs and draws will only happen at the start of each half. After goals, the goalie will take the ball out of the goal and start the clear.